What are some of the important details on shipping?
A.) Shipping costs have been estimated at standard air freight, via weight, for regular international shipments and at weight "ground" rates for mainland U.S. orders.
B.) Adjustments for actual shipping costs (increases or decreases) will be applied to an order and communicated prior to shipment.
C.) Decreases in costs may be credited to your MelDan account for application to future orders or may be reimbursed.
D.) Any increase for actual shipping costs, from estimated amounts provided herein, under shipping costs / "matrix", need to be paid prior to order shipment.
E.) Please note that shipping costs have only been estimated for shipments up to 100 pounds U.S.. Any shipment above 100 pounds in weight will be calculated for actual costs at the time of the order...any additional costs must be paid at that time, prior to the actual shipment of an order.
F.) Shipping for most international orders (except those orders supported and arranged for shipping by the U.S. government for Consumables-Allowance authorized personnel or its APO/FPO mail authorized personnel) will be via standard air freight.
G.) Shipping costs will be determined by weight, except for voluminous orders, when determined as such by the shipping company as per airline and transporter standards and conventions.
What about APO/FPO stuff & related for U.S. government personnel?
APO/FPO General guidelines:
A.) Orders placed with MelDan can be shipped to APO/FPO addresses for authorized addressees.
B.) Postal regulations regarding content, size, weight and other restrictions may prevent us from shipping certain items to these types of addresses:
N.B.To avoid addtional handling and shipping costs, it is the responsibility of the orderer / receiver to conform orders to APO/FPO restrictions.
Check with your post's postal facility for direction on content and other APO/FPO mail restrictions.
C.) Please note that additional or modified restrictions, to the usual ones, may apply for shipping to specific APO and FPO addresses. Again, please contact your local postal facility or APO/FPO mail officer to verify item type, size and weight restrictions for your country of assignment.
D.) Please be aware that no order tracking is available for APO/FPO shipments.
F.) Standard times that we may list on the Site for expected shipment transit time do not apply for APO/FPO shipments. APO/FPO shipments will likely follow routine transit times for your location / post.
G.) Packages shipped to APO/FPO addresses are initially shipped to the appropriate U.S. military mail hub. From there, the military and official mail handlers deliver the packages, which typically takes about 14-21 days.
H.) In certain cases, APO/FPO delivery may take longer than 21 days, depending on military mail handling procedures and ultimate locations.
I.) MelDan can not assume any responsibility for packages once they have been placed in the U.S. mail / APO / FPO service.
What are some of the important details of MelDan's terms of sale policy?
Merchandise purchased may be returned provided that the return follows and adheres to the guidelines described below.
What you need to do:
- Merchandise purchased online from MelDan may be returned to us via the original shipping method. However, before returning anything to us, you first must obtain a Merchandise Return Authorization, and number.
- Any returns shipped to us without an approved Authorization may be refused without notification and a handling fee may be assessed. A Merchandise Return Authorization will be valid for 30 days.
- You will be responsible for all shipping and insurance charges for your returns; this includes the original shipping and the merchandise return shipping costs.
- If you choose not to insure your package, and we do not accept return of the product, you will be responsible for any loss or damage.
- Upon our acceptance of the merchandise in new condition, in conformity with this policy, the purchase price of the merchandise will be credited to the credit card used for the original purchase or to your MelDan account for your future purchases.
- Allow 30 days (not including delivery time for refunds) from when we accept your returned product for the processing of your credit.
- Additional charges may be assessed for products returned with missing items.
- For merchandise that we are capable of verifying to have been defective from original stock, we may reimburse its specify shipping expense.
What about payment methods and related things to know prior to ordering?
Please know that we are able to accept credit card payments through the PayPal system, which is well noted for securely handling your card and payment information.
Please also know that we are able to accept payment through personal checks but, unfortunately, only able to do so at the present time when such checks are drawn on bank and credit union (such as the credit union for federal employees) accounts based in the United States.